JK-05 / TOPAZ DESCRIPTION
The JK-05 Junior and NEW 2013 KR 030 Topaz are both Polish built full composite custom designed high wing monoplane's with remarkable individual features and performance. The JK-05 and new 2013 Topaz share the same basic fuselage and identical wing profiles, but differ in the following key aspects:-
1. The NEW Topaz employs large forward hinging doors with 2 x 15kg baggage lockers behind the seats with outside external access on both sides of the fuselage. The JK-05' has a "gull-wing" style canopy entry/exit opening system with 2 x 7kg baggage lockers situated above and behind the pilot/passenger.
2. The NEW Topaz is fitted with a single section full length cantilever wing whereas the JK-05 has a two piece wing that is purposely tapered towards the cockpit to increase visibility supported by a single strut.
3. The NEW Topaz is powered by the Rotax 912uls 100hp engine with separate flaps & ailerons plus 86 liter wing tanks which includes an 8 liter reserve fuel tank whilst the JK-05 uses the standard Rotax 912ul 80hp engine with a full length flaperon and 2 x 35 liter fuel tanks mounted behind the seats.
On both models flap and trim controls are push-button operated and both models easily meet and often exceed their individual performance specifications - even at high altitude! This glider heritage mated to a full composite structure offers wonderful visibility, great range and superb comfort.
- Both these aircraft are manufactured from vinyl-ester resins and composite parabeam which have far better thermal resistance qualities to the more conventionally used epoxy resins.
- The 120cm wide cockpit on both can also accommodate very large men comfortably which is unusual in many European designs.
- The comprehensive standard analog instrument panel is equipped with far more than just basic instrumentation and can also be fully customized to individual specifications using any number of different panel layouts and avionic options.
- Both aircraft feature a very strong composite sprung landing gear with hydraulic disc brakes that are activated via the single brake lever with parking lock convenience attached to a center control stick.
- The JK-05 and Topaz are not cheerfully painted clones of someone else's design, neither are they compromised by questionable slow speed handling characteristics or marginal STOL performance.
- You also wont find fabric covered surfaces on either model to offset weight considerations and both models will reward the individual who appreciates fine handling and balanced controls.
- The wing design delivers spectacular climb rates and a phenomenal glide ratio and at MTOW both the JK-05 and Topaz achieve what few others can at high altitude.