Since 1959 Waterfall Kennels Has Been Owned & Managed By The Stubbs Family
A Brief History:
Founded in 1959 by well known equestrians David & Charlotte Stubbs.
Situated near Khyber Rock in Woodmead initially, Charlotte bred rabbits for the restaurant market to cover start-up costs which they did in conjunction with a pet shop and saddlery business located near Thrupps in Illovo.
The very first pet boarder was a Cocker Spaniel called Treasure who was accomodated in an unused stable.
In about 1977 Jeremy & Dianna Stubbs took over the management of Waterfall Kennels when David and Charlotte moved to Whitehills Farm. The farm covered what is now Fourways Crossing, Builders Warehouse, Leaping Frog Shopping Centre and most of the surrounding residential developments.
When Waterfall Kennels relocated to its current site near Fourways in 1992, many of our existing customers were very hesitant to continue supporting us 'this far out of town and on such a bad gravel road'. How times change......