The Airplane Factory is a Johannesburg based business focussing on the development and manufacture of high quality, high utility ight aircraft.
The Airplane Factory
The Airplane Factory is a Johannesburg based business focussing on the development and manufacture of high quality, high utility aircraft. The Airplane Factory's first aircraft, the Sling 2, is a competitively priced all round performance aluminium aircraft which can be purchased ready to fly or as a homebuild kit.
We are very proud of our aircraft models, the Sling 2, the Sling 2 tail dragger and Sling 4, two of which we have personally flown around the world to not just prove how much we believe in our designs, but to also experience the passion for adventure...something we know each new owner of a Sling will be reminded of when they fly in our models.
No single aircraft can fulfill the special needs of every pilot. Nevertheless, The Airplane Factory believes that the Sling enjoys a set of qualities that will fulfill the needs, at the highest level, of many pilots and flight training schools.
The Sling comprises a stressed skin semi-monocoque structure, precision punched from sheet aluminium by CNC punch. Punching is so precise that no drilling-out or de-burring is required. Parts go together much as with a child’s "Mechano" toy. The entire build is light, precise and simple, even for beginners to manage. And is entirely South African designed and developed.
Some of the features which make the Sling such a fine aircraft include:
· Her flying characteristics - perfectly coordinated, highly responsive controls (she feels like a fighter jet without being over-sensitive);
· Her performance - close to the best across the full range of qualities;
· Her aluminum construction - for ease and consistency of construction and proven strength and lifespan;
· Her airframe strength and durability – she won’t break easily and if you treat her right, she’ll last you for the rest of your life;
· Her excellent instrumentation options;
· Her wide cockpit, excellent all around view and substantial luggage capacity;
· The incorporation, by design, of a ballistic parachute for safety;
· The use of high quality components throughout;
Chat to Kyle Beckett 083 277 8625, Andrew Pitman 076 498 7391 or Mike Blyth 083 550 1163 who will let you have the terms and conditions plus confirm the deal price for your selected Sling specification for a Sling 2, Sling 4 or Sling Tail Dragger.
Find Us: Phone: Deal Expires In: days
hour min sec