MISASA is the National Flying Organisation that represents ALL pilots that fly Weight Shift Controlled Microlights (WCM), Conventionally Controlled Microlights (CCM) and Light Sport Aeroplanes (LSA)
Our vision is to preserve "the freedom of recreational flight" in South Africa.
- Recognition of Aviation Excellence
- Promotion of Aviation Safety
- Maintenance of membership and external communication channels via print and electronic media
- Hosting of events that inspire and develop recreational aviation
- Pooling of experience and the provision of advice from industry experts
Why Join MISASA?
MISASA is a members organisation that exists to benefit its members. Over the years, MISASA has influenced the legislation that governs recreational flying the South Africa and always looking to guide its development to be the most beneficial for the members. MISASA provides a valuable information source for recreational pilots and inter alia organises or supports flying events to encourage skills development and a fun and social side to the sport.
Our Advocacy Role
- We acknowledge and recognise aviation excellence through the granting of appropriate awards.
- Through our active communication channels we encourage safety and airmanship
- Our members provide financial support to the Aero Club of SA who are charged with the responsibility to maintain interfaces with stakeholder structures such as the FAI via CIMA and SASCOC.
- As an ARO, we advocate on your behalf with industry stakeholders and not limited to SACAA & AIID. This is achieved by participation and represention on official platforms such as CARCom, ASO sub-committee, Industry Liason Forum and relevant workgroups.
- MISASA is managed by an elected Committee subject to the requirements as per the approved ARO MOP
- We share African Skies with aircraft of all types and MISASA endeavours to maintain focus on matters relevant to microlights and light sport aeroplanes and their pilots.