Thank you to all members that attended the 2020 MISASA AGM on the 30th November 2020 via ZOOM.
We ran a smooth and efficient meeting.
Key Points of the meeting
Membership Fees for 2021 remain unchanged at R 410
Acceptance of the revised Constitution
Election of the new committee
Please view the new committee under the 2021 Committee tab.
John Boucher: Chairman - MISASA
BE SAFE EVERYONE!
Please navigate to our website governance page. We have updated several documents relevant to the MISASA ARO. In particular, a revised constitution. Changes in the industry have necessitated a constitutional revamp. We urge you to read through the proposed document and kindly pass comments to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
MISASA is the National Flying Organisation that represents ALL pilots that fly Weight Shift Controlled Microlights (WCM), Conventionally Controlled Microlights (CCM) and Light Sport Aeroplanes (LSA). Further to this, we have expanded our representation to include production built NTCA aircraft up to a MTOW of 1663kg as per our latest approved MOP.
Our vision is to preserve "the freedom of recreational flight" in South Africa.
- Recognition of Aviation Excellence
- Promotion of Aviation Safety
- Maintenance of membership and external communication channels via print and electronic media
- Hosting of events that inspire and develop recreational aviation
- The pooling of experience and the provision of advice from industry experts
Why Join MISASA?
MISASA is a members organisation that exists to benefit its members. Over the years, MISASA has influenced the legislation that governs recreational flying in South Africa and always looking to guide its development to be the most beneficial for the members. MISASA provides a valuable information source for recreational pilots and inter alia organises or supports flying events to encourage skills development and a fun and social side to the sport. Given the fact that we have included NTCA representation up to a MTOW of 1663kg's, we thus make provision for PRODUCTION BUILT NTCA aircraft such as the Bushbaby Safari, Jabiru 4 series, Sling 2 & 4 and Vans Aircraft to name but a few.
Our Advocacy Role
- We acknowledge and recognise aviation excellence through the granting of appropriate awards.
- Through our active communication channels, we encourage safety and airmanship
- Our members provide financial support to the Aero Club of SA who are charged with the responsibility to maintain interfaces with stakeholder structures such as the FAI via CIMA and SASCOC.
- As an ARO, we advocate on your behalf with industry stakeholders and not limited to SACAA & AIID. This is achieved by participation and representation on official platforms such as CARCom, ASO sub-committee, Industry Liason Forum and relevant workgroups.
- MISASA is managed by an elected Committee subject to the requirements as per the approved ARO MOP
- We share African Skies with aircraft of all types and MISASA endeavours to maintain focus on matters relevant to microlights, LSA & VLA's and their pilots.